top of page
Search

Bill Burr Speaks Out Against Vocal Minority

I just feel like 85% of the country on the right and left is kind of sitting there, like, when are dad and mom going to stop screaming at each other?

-Bill Burr

Comedian and “Monday Morning” podcaster Bill Burr is no newcomer when it comes to the mob’s outrage. During an interview on the “Pat McAfee Show” on Nov. 30, Burr said that he refuses to apologize to people that are upset over his jokes, especially when they weren't present at his show in the first place. In contrast, Burr said if he’s addressed by a fan who has a legitimate reason to be upset, he doesn’t have a problem apologizing, recognizing that he has made “mistakes” in the past.


Burr was under the mob’s scope in March when he butchered Natalie Lafourcade’s name while presenting awards at the Grammys. He also took a shot at the woke audience asking, “Why is this cis, white male doing all this Latino stuff?” Outrage surrounding Burr’s performance was short lived, however, and that’s likely due to his refusal to apologize.


The comedian has worked with a number of people who have been “canceled” or at least targeted by cancel culture in the past.. Burr shared the screen with Gina Carano in Disney’s “The Mandalorian.” Carano was fired from her position for sharing a social media that read:


Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…even children. Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews. How is that any different from hating someone for their political views?

Carano was later fired by Disney from any future role in the Star Wars franchise.


Burr has also appeared in skits on “The Chappelle Show,” which was hosted by the greatest comedian of all time, Dave Chappelle. Anyone familiar with the current conversation surrounding cancel culture knows that the mob hates Chappelle. One mobster was even clever enough to suggest that Chappelle is exercising his “white privilege.” If white privilege is the ability to speak your mind without caring what the masses try to do to you, I think everybody should proudly exercise their white privilege.


This isn’t the first time Burr has taken shots at cancel culture. In fact, he doesn’t believe that the act of canceling is practiced by the masses. According to Burr, only about 15% of the population represent the extreme right or left. The remaining 85% of the population doesn’t care.

These 15% of, what I call, the vocal minority have been speaking on our behalf for far too long and it’s time to put an end to entertaining their outrage. Great talent is constantly being removed from the public eye by people who don’t want you to hear opposing points of view. A free society, however, requires the presence of opposing points of view. If we, as country of over 320 million, find ourselves agreeing to everything under the sun, that should raise major red flags that we’re being manipulated and controlled.

18 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page